Thursday, July 26, 2012

Sew-Eco-Chic-Toddler

My favorite materials for sewing are someone else's cast-offs. I love to scout the thrift stores for great fabrics from blouses, skirts, curtains, etc. to use for making something new.
Lulu wearing the "summer look" with bloomers and a sleeveless t.

Here are a few pics of my granddaughter Lulu wearing a skirt I made for her from a thrifted blouse. I did purchase the rick-rack and elastic for the waist. The lace at the bottom of the skirt is part of a large collection of vintage lace I have been collecting for years.
Detail of the lace and large rick-rack trim.

The "winter look" includes leggings and a sweater.

Lulu is going to Italy with her parents for nine months and I am trying to make some cute clothes for her to take. They are leaving in about a month, so I better get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment