Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sneak Peek: Hand-Crafted Baby Shower

The spring baby shower I mentioned here, is one week from tomorrow and I have been very busy hand-crafting so many fun things to make it a special day for the mommy-to-be and the guests.

I wanted to make a full apron to wear while cooking but decided to just embellish this black half-apron.  It was an old one I happened to have around, so I added lace trims and vintage doilies to dress it up. My collection of old lace was large and it feels good to use it for this shower.  You will see more items once the shower is over and I've photographed everything!


The color scheme is mainly black and white but we've added small touches of bright green and turquoise. We have also used lots of textures, including burlap and lace - so there is naturally cream and tan in the color scheme too - and it all works beautifully together. It will be very girly with a vintage feel.

Cute baby face "flags"

Rubber stamped paper liners for dessert


More tags for adding interest somewhere. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment